Dish of the day
No Joiners Today
Off the menu
Cabot Energy has left AIM
Ramsdens Holdings (LON:RFX) 207.5p £64m
Good performance in a challenging consumer environment. On-track to meet FY expectations. HY Sep 19 results.
· Underlying Profit Before Tax up 12% to £5.7m · Reported Profit Before Tax up 23% to £6.2m
Foreign Currency Exchange income up 15% to £8.4m (H1 FY19: £7.3m);
o Jewellery retail revenue up 22% to £5.5m (H1 FY19: £4.5m);
o Pawnbroking income less impairment up 17% to £4.3m (H1 FY19: £3.7m);
o Gross profit from purchases of precious metals grew 57% to £4.1m (H1 FY19: £2.6m), including a one-off scrapping of old stock generating £0.6m additional profit.
· Three new stores were opened during the Period and four stores were acquired from Instant Cash Loans Limited trading as The Money Shop. A further store has opened since the Period end.
Div up 12% to 2.7p.
Yolo Leisure (LON:YOLO) 10.75p £7.75m
As at 30 September 2019, gross assets were £2,995,972 (2018: £3,441,504) and the net fair value of investments held was £2,684,091 (2018: £3,083,995). Total net assets were £2,968,527 (2018: £3,408,811) which represents 5.69 (2018: 7.72) pence per share.
On 2 October 2019, we announced that the board had conducted a review of the Company's investment strategy and that the board had decided that, in the light of the current market conditions and pipeline opportunities, within the scope of its current investment strategy it should give particular focus to technology opportunities in the fields of big data, machine learning, telematics and the internet of things (IoT).
Genedrive (LON:GDR) 23.5p £7.99m
Its case-control clinical validation, the Antibiotic Induced Hearing Loss assay (the Genedrive® MT-RNR1 ID kit) achieved a diagnostic sensitivity of 100% and specificity of 100% on a cohort of 303 samples. The assay was found to be unaffected by common bacteria and interfering substances that may be expected to be encountered in patients. Genedrive assays are unique in that they are performed from relatively crude patient samples, so robust design has been key in ensuring these excellent results.
“The next step will be to undertake our implementation study in Manchester and Liverpool hospitals, where the goal is not only to replicate the analytical performance outcomes, but also to ensure the test can be implemented in an NHS environment. "
Mercia Asset Management (LON:MERC) 27.9p £85m
Proposed acquisition of VCT fund management business from NVM, relating to Northern Venture Trust PLC, Northern 2 PLC VCT and Northern 3 PLC VCT (together the "NVM VCT Funds"), which consist of c.60 portfolio companies; with 17 listed, 27 private venture and 16 private equity.
· NVM VCT Funds represent approximately £270million in assets under management ("AuM"), which would increase Mercia's total AuM by over 50% to approximately £770million.
· Total Acquisition consideration of up to £25.0million
Proposed Placing to raise gross proceeds of £30.0million.
· Placing Price of 25 pence per Placing Share.
· The Placing Price represents a discount of 21.9 per cent. to the closing price of 32 pence per share on 2 December 2019.
Marlowe (LON:MRL) 465p £213m
Acquisition of Law at Work for £6.3m initial consideration. Established in 2001 and headquartered in Glasgow, LAW is a leading national provider of subscription-based employment law compliance and health and safety services.
For the year to 31 May 2019, LAW generated revenues of £5.4 million, EBITDA of £1.2 million and profit before tax of £1.0 million. At 31 October 2019, LAW had net assets of £2.2 million. The total enterprise value will comprise an initial cash consideration of £6.3 million and a contingent consideration which is expected to be approximately £4.0 million over three years dependent on the achievement of profit targets. The acquisition will be funded from the Group's existing cash and debt facilities.
Tekmar (LON:TGP) 157.5p £80.7m
HY Sep 19 results. Awarded the London Stock Exchange's Green Economy Mark . Record Order Book of £15.9m – up 23.26% YOY with several contract wins across divisions throughout the Period
Rev £17.1m from £7m. Evitda (adj) of £2m vs £0.8m loss. Cash £3.9m. Revenue + Order Book + Preferred Bidder. Of £40.5m.
Group firmly on track to meet market expectations for FY20
· Anticipated seasonality in product mix and associated margins continues with Group's revenue expected to be H2 weighted
· Revenue split expected to remain at current levels of c.60% Offshore Wind and c.40% Subsea
· Group acquired Pipeshield International Limited ("Pipeshield") on 9 October 2019 and integration progressing well, with an additional £45 million contribution to the Enquiry Book (not reflected in HY20 numbers).
Rockfire Resources (LON:ROCK) 1.8p £9.95m
Drilling of a new breccia zone has discovered high-grade, near-surface gold, 120m east of drill hole BPL025 which returned 177 m @ 0.5 g/t Au.
The Central Breccia was identified from mapping and sampling by Rockfire geologists. The Company believes this new mineralised zone forms part of the near-surface expression of the large gold system encountered by the BPL025 drill hole.
The newly identified zone includes an intercept of 1m @ 21.7 g/t Au, which is the highest gold grade encountered in drilling at Plateau; BPL013 intercepted an outstanding 6m @ 4.1 g/t Au (from 27 m) within a broader iRead More – Source