FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, meets well-wishers outside of the Barton Neighbourhood Centre in Oxford, Britain, May 14, 2019. REUTERS/Toby Melville/File Photo
LONDON (Reuters) – Prince Harry, Britains Duke of Sussex, has accepted substantial damages and an apology from Splash News and Picture Agency which took photographs of his home, Buckingham Palace said on Wednesday.
Harrys lawyer said Splash had chartered a helicopter on Jan. 9, 2019 to take photos and film the private home of Harry and his wife Meghan, a former American actress, in Oxfordshire, central England.
“The syndication and publication of the photographs very seriously undermined the safety and security of the Duke and the home to the extent that they are no longer able to live at the property,” Harrys lawyer said in a court statement.
“The property had been chosen by The Duke for himself and his wife given the high level of privacy it afforded given its position in a secluded area surrounded by private farmland aRead More – Source