Harry and Meghan announce royal birth will be private
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have said they will keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private.
The royal couple added they will not be making any announcements until they have celebrated "privately as a new family".
Kensington Palace said in a statement: "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and around the world as they prepare to welcome their baby.
"Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private.
"The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family."
The announcement comes after speculation that the duchess may be planning a home birth, while other reports have suggested they have seen private hospitals so they have the option.
It is understood the couple have now moved into Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor estate with only weeks to go until their first child is due to be born.
More from Duchess Of Sussex
The 10-bedroom property has had extensive renovation work to turn it into a family home, as it was previously used as accommodation for royal household staff.
It is where the couple held their wedding reception last year.
In a break from royal tradition, Meghan has also reportedly opted not to use Royal House gynaecologists because she does not want "men in suits" supervising her birth.
According to The Mail on Sunday, the 37-year-old duchess has appointed an "unnamed female doctor" to lead the team instead of Alan Farthing and Guy Thorpe-Beeston.
The two gynaecologists attended the arrival of all three of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's children.