Britain

Rapist, 19, who kept murder manual of 30 intended victims is jailed

A teen paedophile who kept a murder manual of his 30 intended victims has been jailed.

Harry Leigh, 19, wanted to be known as the Red Ribbon Killer of Hastings and made plans to kill young girls and leave red ribbons by their bodies.

Police searched Leighs home in Hastings, Sussex, after he was arrested for the rape of a 15-year-old schoolgirl whom he had offered to help with her homework.

Harry Leigh. See National News story NNserial. A Hastings man has been sentenced for a series of sexual offences against eight young girls, and of possessing indecent images of children. Harry Leigh, 19 unemployed, of Mountbatten Close, Hastings, was sentenced to a total of 14 years at Hove Crown Court on Friday (5 April). Eight years will be spent in custody, and for the other six years he will be on extended prison release licence.

Harry Leigh, 19, of Hastings, was sentenced to a total of 14 years at Hove Crown Court (Picture: Sussex Police / SWNS)

During the search, police discovered a murder manual, plastic sheeting, maps and a collection of knives, the Sun reported.

Following his arrest, many more victims came forward who had been attacked by him.

During a trial at Hove Crown Court, the unemployed teen pleaded guilty to five counts of inciting four girls aged between 13 and 15 to engage in sexual activity, eight counts of causing seven girls aged between 12 and 15 to watch a sexual act and three counts of making indecent images of children in January 2018.

Advertisement

Advertisement

He was sentenced to eight years in jail with an extended prison release licence of six years for the rape of the schoolgirl.

A Hastings man has been sentenced for a series of sexual offences against eight young girls, and of possessing indecent images of children. Harry Leigh, 19 unemployed, of Mountbatten Close, Hastings, was sentenced to a total of 14 years at Hove Crown Court on Friday (5 April). Eight years will be sent in custody, and for the other six years he will be on extended prison release licence. He had been convicted at the same Court on 24 July of one count of rape of a 15-year-old girl at an address in Hastings in August 2017. He was found not guilty of a second count of rape on the same girl. He had previously pleaded guilty to; five counts of inciting four girls aged between 13 and 15 to engage in sexual activity, between 2015 and 2018; eight counts of causing seven girls aged between 12 and 15 to watch a sexual act, between 2013 and 2018; and three counts of making indecent images of children in January 2018, including images at Category A, the most serious category. A charge against Leigh of possessing an offensive weapon, a kitchen knife, was discontinued during the trial, and he was found not guilty of one count of blackmail of a girl in 2017 to 2018; and of two counts of sexual assault, against two separate girls, 2014 and 2018. He will be a registered sex offender for life and was given a Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO) severely restricting his access to computers and to children under 16 for 15 years. The prosecution, authorised by the Crown Prosecution Service, followed enquiries by detectives from the East Sussex Safeguarding Investigations Unit. Detective Sergeant Steve Shimmons of the Hastings Safeguarding Investigations Unit said; "In February 2018 we received a report from a local girl that Leigh had messaged her stating that he wanted to be a serial killer and had posted some concerning tweets on twitter about wanting to kill people. "Leigh had already been arrested, interviewed, and released under investigation for the rape of the 15-year-old

Harry Leigh wanted to be known as the Red Ribbon Killer of Hastings (Picture: Eddie mitchell / Sax Rohmer)

In a victim impact statement the schoolgirl said: Its hard to put into words all the ways this has affected my life and who I thought I was going to be.

I dont feel comfortable in my own skin and I feel that looking at me can always tell.

I have nightmares almost every night. I cant stuff the feelings back inside.

Im still full of anger and resentment at what happened.

A mum fears her disabled son could accidentally kill her during a tantrum - because he doesn't know his own strength. Clare Lucignoli, 45, is regularly hit, kicked, scratched, bitten and pinched by her 17-year-old son Luke. Luke is 15 stone 8lbs and 6ft tall - and is often "the most loving, cheeky and excitable child". But he can lash out with violent challenging behaviour as a result of his complex medical needs. Pictured here is Clare Lucignoli with her son Luke WALES NEWS SERVICEMum fears disabled son, 17, could 'accidentally kill her during violent tantrum'

The court heard Leighs offending had started when he was just 13 years old and became increasingly serious.

HeathRead More – Source

Related Posts