Victim may be forced to see stalker so he can visit their son
A woman may be forced to keep contact with her ex despite begging for a contact ban after he took photos of her in bed through a keyhole.
Jaroslaw Pelczynski, 43, followed ex-girlfriend Angelika Rozanka to her friends after she ended their relationship.
She pleaded with courts to have him banned from contact, however instead he was told to try and repair his relationship with his victim in a bid to gain legal access to their son.
Pelczynski earlier admitted targeting the woman during a hearing at Paisley Sheriff Court.
He bombarded his former partner with dozens of text messages after they split and would follow her onto buses to stare silently.
He later trailed her to her friends and spied on her.
Pelczynski pleaded guilty to terrifying the woman between 2016 and May last year, however Sheriff Seith Ireland delayed punishment to allow him to take steps to grant him visitation rights with his son.
He said: I appreciate you have been back in court a couple of times.
The position I want to ascertain is if you can have contact with your son. This does not seem to have been done for financial reasons.
The court heard Pelczynski acted out after his ex stopped him from seeing their six-year-old son.
Prosecutor Colin Wilson said: The accused turned up drunk at the home of a friend where she was staying.
He was shouting and swearing through the door. These comments were aimed at his former partner.
He was shouting and accusing her of having an affair with somebody inside the house.
She later went to his house to pick up items and possessions belonging to their son. When she was there, she found two images lying on the bed.
These were taken through a front door keyhole and that keyhole was at the home where she was residing at the time.
One image showed her lying on the bed.
Pelczynski earlier claimed he would launch a legal fight to gain access to his son, but he admitted he had been too skint to start the process when he was called back into the dock.
Defence lawyer Tony Callahan insisted his client had struggled after losing his job.
He said: There has been a change in his personal circumstances. He had a restaurant in Glasgow.
Unfortunately, that was not successful and he is longer in work. There has been no contact for a considerable period of time.
There has been no further access of any kind.
Pelcynski has been barred from approaching his former partner and told to keep away from her home while the case is ongoing.
However Sheriff Ireland advised his lawyer he should start legal proceedings for access to the child.
He added: There may be some advantage of allowing some initial period of months to see if he can make some contact.
Pelczynski has been ordered to return to court on May 7.