Disabled dad says hes terrified after claiming arsonists are targeting his home
A disabled dad says he is living in fear as he claims sick arsonists targeted his home for a third time.
Robert Brodie, 46, and his family were asleep when a fire ripped through their house.
The blaze on Friday June 29 was the third time the house was targeted in the past three months, the dad of two claims.
A concerned neighbour in Irvine, west Scotland, spotted the flames and woke Roberts family.
But now Robert and wife Janet, 44, who live with youngest child Heather, 11, are sleeping in shifts as they fear the firestarters will come back to finish the job.
The grandfather, who says he has a range of disabilities, said: Whoever they are, theyre just sick. Its amazing we all got out. If it wasnt for our neighbour chapping us up, I dread to think what could have happened.
We are sleeping in shifts.
The fire melted off the plastic cladding of the home and their garage, which contained their two-year-old grandson Roberts toys, was reduced to ashes.
The familys two-week-old mobility car, a Honda CR-V, worth £27,000 was written off.
Janet said: We are just terrified of something happening again.
Heather is struggling to sleep. She was up til 3am before she finally fell asleep and she slept on the couch in the living room.
Its devastated us all and everything is up in the air.
The council is fixing the outside of the house but they are not taking the rubble and mess from inside the house. We have no idea why this keeps happening to us, we are even thinking
of moving house – probably somewhere far away.
Its annoying because Ive lived here since I was four years old, so all my life basically.
The string of incidents began on April 13 when Janet claims the thugs first attempted to set her car on fire.
And two weeks later on April 27 the families Citroen Grand Picasso was written off after the car windows were smashed and a bottle of accelerant was thrown into the garage.
Only the door was burnt and the fire was stopped due to the rain.
Detectives are reviewing CCTV footage for any additional information.
Detective constable Nicola Fraser said: Enquiries carried out so far have revealed that a man and a white transit van were seen in the area around the time of the incident.
I am appealing for any information about the incident.
I appreciate that most people will have been asleep in bed around the time of the incident but if anyone has any information which they think could assist us, I would ask them to get in touch with us.