It may be hard to believe where 2017 has gone, but Christmas is just around the corner.
The days are running out quickly before you can post your Christmas cards and gifts.
The Royal Mail has issued its official recommended dates for when to send your items so they arrive before Christmas.
These include first class, second class and special delivery within the UK and oversees.
Here are all the important dates for when you can send your items.
Last Posting Dates for UK
Fri 22 Dec – Special Delivery Guaranteed Saturday Delivery.
Thur 21 Dec – Special Delivery Guaranteed.
Thur 21 Dec – 1st Class and 1st Class Signed For.
Wed 20 Dec – 2nd Class and 2nd Class Signed For.
However, couriers deadlines vary – here are the key dates with some of the well-known firms:
- Collect+: Friday 15 December is their cut off for economy delivery (3-5 working days) and Tuesday 19 December their last date for standard delivery (2 working days).
- DHL: Its last UK date as 21 December this year.
- Hermes : Every parcel entering the Hermes network by 23.59 on Thursday 21 December, and bearing a UK mainland address, will have a least one delivery attempt made – otherwise Hermes will refund the delivery charge.
- TNT: Saturday 23 December delivery available if ordered before then.
- Yodel : Wednesday 20 December for 72 hour delivery, Thursday 21 December for 48 hour delivery and Friday 22 December for 24 hour delivery.
If you have loved ones abroad then the Royal Mail has published its recommendations for posting oversees too.
Last Posting Dates for International Standard (airmail) and International tracking signature services
Sat 16 Dec – Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg.
Fri 15 Dec – Austria, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Thur 14 Dec – Canada, Finland, Sweden, USA.
Wed 13 Dec – Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Poland.
Sat 9 Dec – Greece, Turkey, Australia, New Zealand.
Thur 7 Dec – Caribbean, Central and South America.
Wed 6 Dec – Cyprus, Malta, Asia, Far East, Eastern Europe (except Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia).
Sat 2 Dec – Africa, Middle East.
The post Last post for first and second class this Christmas for Royal Mail and couriers appeared first on News Wire Now.