A woman has revealed how it was like to have her drink spiked.
Georgia Gribley, 20, woke up alone in hospital after ‘blacking out’ at the Atik nightclub in Hull city centre.
‘I remember going into Atik and being absolutely fine and then suddenly everything is blacked out,’ she said.
‘I do remember laying on the ambulance bed and then the next thing I remember is waking up on a chair in the hospital.
‘I asked staff what had happened but they couldn’t tell me. I didn’t have any of my stuff on me and I just started to panic.’
The dance student had been at the venue with best friend, Chloe Robinson, and two other mates and had drunk three vodka and lemonades.
Luckily Miss Robinson was nearby when Miss Gribley fell ill and was able to help her.
‘The staff at the club told me to take Georgia to the burger van to sober up, but she couldn’t even walk and I was struggling to hold her up,’ Miss Robinson added.
‘Then she was sick all over me.
‘I have never seen her like that. We have been best friends for five or six years and she has never been like this before.
‘I knew it wasn’t just alcohol as she had only had three drinks.’
A couple came to the aid of the two friends before an ambulance arrived to take Miss Gribley to Hull Royal Infirmary.
But Miss Robinson was not allowed to accompany her friend and she instead phoned Miss Gribley’s mum.
When she later called the hospital she was told her friend had been discharged at around 5am and she eventually turned up on her doorstep after getting a taxi from the hospital.
Miss Gribley said: ‘I asked them what had happened and they couldn’t tell me, so I still have no idea what went on, I should know what has happened to my own body.’
The friends have thanked the couple who helped them after tracing them on the Hull Blues and Two’s Facebook page.
They have also warned people to keep an eye on their drinks.
A spokeswoman for the Atik club said: ‘The safety and enjoyment of our customers is our number one priority.
‘We operate a zero tolerance attitude to drugs and antisocial behaviour and would urge anyone who is concerned they have been a victim of drink spiking to seek medical attention and contact the police.
‘Customers should be vigilant of their drinks and not leave them unattended and report any suspicious behaviour to one of our team members or onsight paramedics.’