Firefighters were forced to spend three hours attempting to rescue a dog after she became wedged between a wall and a conservatory.
Taba disappeared through a first-floor window while her owners were out on November 3, after she was scared by fireworks.
But it wasn’t until 24 hours later that she was discovered stuck fast in a six-inch gap at a house half a mile away.
Luckily for Taba, the homeowner went outside to discover why her cat was behaving strangely… and saw her.
After RSPCA inspector Rachel Smith was unable to free her, Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue were called to the house in Watford and hauled her to safety using ropes.
Taba had to be sedated during the rescue mission.
Ms Smith said Taba was lucky to be found at all in the tiny space between two brick walls.
She said: ‘Taba, who isn’t a small dog, ran into the gap head-first, possibly because she was spooked by fireworks, but then she got completely wedged.
‘She barely had room to breathe.
‘She was so scared and distressed – I was concerned that she was going to wedge herself in even tighter, but I managed to get a hook around her collar and hold her in place while I called the fire service.’
Despite her ordeal, Taba suffered only sore paws and went home after a night at the vet’s.
Ms Smith added: ‘It was obvious that that Taba was distressed and disorientated. We really wanted to get her back to her owner – and thankfully she was microchipped.
‘I spoke to her owner, who had been worryingly looking for her after she went missing the night before.’