A chubby dog needed the help of firefighters this week after she got stuck on the roof of her owner’s conservatory.
Ruby the Bull Mastiff got stuck on the glass after making her way out of the bedroom window.
However when she tried to get back inside… she couldn’t fit back through.
Ruby, who weighs around six stone, was sat on the roof for four hours before fire crews from Wellington Fire station, in Shropshire, were called after fears she may fall through the panel.
Watch manager, Craig Jackson, said: ‘We always recommended that people ring the RSPCA before the fire service but the family had been told that they did not have an officer that could attend.
‘We got the call around 11am this morning and Ruby had already been on the roof since 7.30am.
‘We thought it would be a small dog but when we got there were shocked to see a huge Bull Mastiff just sat on the roof, completely calm.’
Her owners had tried to entice Ruby back to safety with food but she was left stuck.
Five members of the Wellington crew made it their mission to rescue the rebellious pooch and used what is known as a ‘rescue working platform’ to finally bring her down.
The raised platform is used during crashes involving HGV lorries, so fireman can gain access to anyone inside high cabs.
Craig said: ‘We were concerned that her weight would cause her to go through the roof.
‘We could see it was starting to bow underneath her when we arrived.
‘She sat calmly and was happy to come down with the firefighters.
‘We advised the owners to keep their bedroom windows shut while the dog was upstairs but I think they have learned their lesson!’