A hotel in Wiltshire has apologised after fireworks shot into a crowd watching a display.
In a video shared by one of the guests staying at the Antrobus Hotel in Amesbury on Saturday, people are heard screaming as explosives launch into the crowd.
An ambulance spokesman said that, although none were seriously injured, 14 people – including children – were treated at the scene.
"A single display box, containing multiple fireworks, malfunctioned at (Saturday's) display," a spokesperson for the hotel said.
"Regrettably, despite the safety cordon exceeding the manufacturer's guidelines, some projectiles ejected towards the crowd line."
Soph Gonyou, who was at the fireworks display with her partner, told Sky News she was shocked.
"My partner and I decided to go for drinks and fireworks. We know the hotel very well, so we thought it would be a good night out. There were adults and children there, more than 100 people," she said.
"The bar was rammed. I remember saying to my partner: 'I hope they don't have a fire, the garden isn't a big enough space for us to get out."
She said the space was so packed, that hotel staff "moved the safety barrier forwards".
"It was so busy that they were just trying to get more people in. There was a row of people with children in front of us – I was so grateful my daughter was not with us, she would have been traumatised," she added.
"When it all went wrong, there was screaming and children were crying. I didn't see any first aid boxes around either."
The hotel said "the team put on Saturday's free event as a community event and worked diligently with the suppliers to ensure that the event was safe and exceeded requirements in respect of safety and distance".
"We are mortified about what has occurred and would like to apologise to all those affected, please rest assured that a full investigation will take place," it added.
The hotel closed for the rest of the day but reopened on Sunday.Let's