How to delete a Snapchat story
Snapchat has made a lot of people annoyed this week.
There has been a petition to ‘make Snapchat great again’ and a LOT of angry tweets. And all because of a different stories page…
For Snapchat users with real ride-or-die loyalty, the same problems we had before the update will persist.
For example, what do we do when we post an embarrassing story we want to take down?
If you’ve posted a Snapchat story you’d rather get rid of, follow these steps:
- Go to your Friends page, where you’ll see your story at the top.
- Tap the button by the story that looks like three dots in a vertical line.
- Choose the snap you want to delete.
- Swipe up while viewing the Snap.
- Tap the trash bin button in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap Delete to get rid of the Snap.
However, it’s worth remembering that this’ll only delete the story if it’s within the 24-hour window and it’s still available to view on the our story feature.
If your snap story is still on our stories in your area after a day, follow these steps:
- Find the snap you want to take down in Discover Search or on the Snap Map.
- Press and hold it.
- Tap the trash bin button in the bottom-left corner, and select your reason for deleting.
If it’s been less than 24 hours, when you delete your own story, it’ll automatically delete from our story.
Unfortunately, you can’t erase the memories of people who have already seen your story by the time you get round to deleting it.
We’ll have to wait for some Men in Black technology updates for that.